Thursday, January 7, 2016

My blog, my experience, my opinion, our dialogue, feel free to share.

Hello,

So the intention of my blog is to address various training questions, resources, and provide insight to the world of working with adults in a professional environment. This is not a sponsored blog by my place of employment. It is just based on my experience and research as a professional trainer and educator over the last 15 years.

My Background

Education:
      Bachelors of Science - Cumberland College, Williamsburg, KY '97
      Emphasis: Psychology & Communication

      Masters of Arts in Education - Western Kentucky University, Bowling Green, KY '01
      Emphasis: Higher Education - Student Affairs

Work Experience: 
To summarize my work experience.  I spend much of my youth working with children and youth ages 0-21. Afterschool programs, Youth groups, Summer and Day camps.  I have worked with a lot of children over the years to include the eye awakening experience of substitute teaching. My passion is people of all ages, and really developing experiences where people learn and grow.  I love to develop others and see those ah ha moments when they either over come a challenge, jump a hurdle, or just start making positive choices that improve their well being and their lives. 

After I received my Masters and as part of my internship program at Western, I began working with college students. There is nothing else in the world like working with college students. They are in the prime environment for figuring out who they are and what they want to do with their lives. It's a great environment to work in, very high energy and unbelievable opportunities to really impact young lives in a positive way. My career path then led me to work with my current company in Corporate America. 

I love what I do, as I train people that want to succeed and take care of their customers. I get to have a lot of conversations about life, career mapping, and overall developmental experiences. I work for 113 Billion dollar company that is in 70 countries. I work for a medical products & pharmaceutical distributor and there was definitely a learning curve when coming from the College & University culture to the Corporate life.  

People are the same every where you go.  They want to be valued. They want to be appreciated, they want to do good work, and they desire to have others invest in them as they grow and develop.  That is why I love training.  I get to touch so many lives and hopefully make a positive impact as I encourage them on their journey.

I have never wrote a blog before. I have been asked to. And one of my friends who has a blog very much inspires me. So I thought I would give this a try.  I will be honest, I wouldn't highlight myself as a perfect writer.  If I can share my experiences though and inspire others then I am all for it. 

So here goes nothing. 

I hope you enjoy. 
~ Gail ~

















No comments:

Post a Comment